Having seen the adverse effects of the previous generation’s laidback lifestyle, the world is nowkeenly shifting towards active routines and constant workouts. So, it doesn’t come as a surprise whenfitness applications – in the form of fitness trackers, workout trainers, yoga applications, etc. – find their place in people’s smartphones. In fact, as a sign of the ongoing trend, the draft resolution of yoga emerged as the only UNGA resolution to have been co-sponsored by 177 nations.
The entire world is heading towards a healthy lifestyle. So, here are some of the ways in which you can not only adopt a healthy way of living, but also emerge as a disruptor in it:
- Maintain Routine: Nothing in this life is achievable without a regular routine, more so, when fitness is brought into perspective. You can only inspire people to adopt a healthy lifestyle if you yourself are living one. Otherwise, it will just be an empty lip service that barely makes any dent.
- Be Innovative: Imitation never makes you achieve great heights. By imitation, you can only trek on the path that has already been created.However, when the path ends or you have to part ways with it, it will be relatively hard for you to create your own. Give failures a try. Failures are part and parcel of success as they help you discern where you made an error and rectify it in the future.If you wish to be an innovator, you simply have to be innovative.
- Go Digital:Today, the rise of digital technologies has created a new ecosystem, wherein smartphones have become an active part of people’s day-to-day lifestyles. So, if you wish to enter their lives, you need to ensure that you have a place on their smartphones. Develop your digital identity in this growing market. Start by building your social media presence and develop a strong rapport with fitness enthusiasts.
- Go Big: In the words of Dr. A. P. J. Abdul Kalam, “Small aim is a crime. Have a great aim.” So, give wings to your dreams by going big. However, always make sure that you have a well-sketched path to reach where you intend to go (and as already discussed, if you follow an established foot trail, you will be far from being a disruptor).
- Be Resolute: The challenges that we experience demotivate us more often than not.Do not allow your challenges to become a roadblock in your life goals. When Edison was asked what kept him going after experiencing so many failures while inventing the light bulb, his attitude reflected from the reply that he gave. “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” You have to develop this attitude in order to make things work, especially in the fitness industry.
– Meenakshi Mohanty – Fitness Expert & Owner of Fitspiration.
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this article are solely those of the original author. These views and opinions do not necessarily represent those of Deccan Chronicle and/or other staff and contributors to this site.
Click on Deccan Chronicle Technology and Science for the latest news and reviews. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter.